This web site is just my space on the web, feel free to look around. If you’re interested in a solution for antenna restrictions you should check out my indoor hf stealth antenna page. It has details on how I have been able to log over 1400 QSO’s in 14 months with nothing more than an indoor wire loop and about 75 watts. It is possible to get your DXCC award living with antenna restrictions. For a look at what I do on VHF visit my indoor vhf delta loop antenna page.
- Licensed in October of 1982 as a Novice Class with the call KA2QOZ and upgraded to General Class in the summer of 1983.
- In 1992 I joined our local DX club and became very active in HF. I made it to Advanced Class (KF2ZW) and then Extra Class in 1993.
- In 1996 I obtained my current call, K2ZS through the vanity system.
- Primary radio - Kenwood TS-690S, Mobile radio - Yaesu FT-100
- Antenna System - Indoor wire loop antenna (read more).
- Primary Modes - Mostly CW with some RTTY and PSK31 mixed in.
- DXCC Status - Submitted for my first mixed award in May of 2009.
- Active Bands - 80m thru 10m and local repeater use mobile.
- Active on LOTW and eQSL
My Other Hobby
As an amateur radio operator I dabble in many technical fields. Web design is another hobby of mine that started when the radio club that I was a member of needed a web site. I worked for a time at an eCommerce web design company during the Dot Com boom and still do design work to this day.
Other web sites that I have created:
- www.tgcdesign.com - is another domain that I own. When I registered that domain, it’s main focus was to promote my design services. Now I offer tips on web design, hosting, and free Word Press / Genesis templates.
- www.home-automation-ideas.com - is a new project that I have started that features ideas for DIY home automation ideas and products. Learn how you can use Insteon to automate your home.
I’ve now started focusing on WordPress development and develop Child Themes for the Genesis Framework. If you’re interested in starting your own website or need to create or update your clubs website please contact me, I’d love to help.